[802SEC] 802/SA Task Force items for today's 802 EC telecon

Dear 802 EC Members,

Jodi Haasz requested to add the below items on a separate 802/SA Task Force meeting agenda that would normally be scheduled in mid-October.  However, we have approximately 40 minutes slack time in today's agenda, therefore I will be adding the items to today's EC meeting towards the end of the agenda under 6.00 Other Business, approximately 10 minutes for each item.

Regards,

--Paul

 JohnD., please update the agenda adding the following items under 6.00 Other Business

item 6.01, II, Transitioning from using SA PIN to Customer ID numbers as the personal identifier, Haasz, 10 minutes

The SA PIN is not supported by the main IEEE and is not stored in the IEEE Account. The value needs to be generated by IEEE SA after a user logs into our system. As we develop systems on multiple platforms, we would need to keep the SA PIN values in sync across systems regardless of which system a new user accessed first.

We are proposing a shift to using IEEE Customer ID number as the key identification number for an individual. This number is generated at the time an IEEE account is created, and can be obtained along with the user's name and email, from the IEEE Account database. This ensures the value is consistent across applications.

item 6.02, II, A general status update on IMAT (Requested by 802 at the next scheduled task force meeting), Haasz, 10 minutes

At the July 802 EC meeting, I was assigned the following action item – Haasz - Provide an update on SA tools at the next 802/SA Task Force meeting (date/time tbd).  Since I have requested a meeting, I am asking that this item be placed on the meeting agenda in accordance with the action item.

item 6.03, II, Public Visibility Standing Committee - Permissions Process, Haasz, 10 minutes

There was much discussion at the 802 EC meeting on the process that the Public Visibility Standing Committee should follow when posting items to the 802 Social media page (LinkedIn).  Staff has developed a brief process that we would like to share with 802.