From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> on behalf of Edward Au <edward.ks.au@GMAIL.COM>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 2:39 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ Approval of submission in response to a Japan MIC’s consultation re: IEEE 802.11ah

Dear colleagues,

With this email I would like to announce the start of a LMSC ballot on a draft response to Japan Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC)’s consultation “Soliciting opinions on the draft notification that defines the range of frequencies that can be used as a specified experimental testing station related to the Digital Rural Health Special Zone”.

Paul has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC (EC) 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve the comments to the administration.  This EC motion is per IEEE 802 OM 7.2.1 Procedure, P&P 7.1 b) (majority response) and P&P 7.1.2 (2/3 approval of votes cast) for communication with government bodies and public statements.  With that we would like to see everyone respond.

Move to approve document https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/23/18-23-0116-02-0000-draft-response-to-japan-mic-s-consultation-re-ieee-802-11ah.pdf for submission to Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications before the submission deadline, with editorial license granted to the IEEE 802.18 chair.
  • Approved in the RR-TAG: _5_ / _0_ / _2_ (The Chair did not vote)
Mover:     Edward Au
Seconder:  Dorothy Stanley

Start of ballot: 18 October 2023
Close of ballot: 27 October 2023