[802SEC] IEEE Milestone ALOHA Packet Radio Data Network point of historical interest close to Hilton

Dear EC members and 802 participants,

If you have time, consider checking out the IEEE Milestone for ALOHA Packet Radio Data Network, 1971

Citation: In June 1971, the ALOHA packet radio data network began providing inter-island access to computing facilities at the University of Hawaii. ALOHAnet was the first to demonstrate that communication channels could be effectively and efficiently shared on a large scale using simple random access protocols. It led directly to the development of Ethernet and personal wireless communication technologies.

https://ieeemilestones.ethw.org/Milestones:ALOHANET_(aka_ALOHA_System)

The Milestone Plaque is located close (about 2.2 miles) to where we are meeting. It is located at the University of Hawai’i College of Engineering. 2540 Dole Street, Holmes Hall, Honolulu, Hawaii (about a 50 minute walk).
https://www.eng.hawaii.edu/about/history/alohanet/

I apologize for not mentioning this earlier, Roger Marks informed me about it earlier this week (thank you Roger).

Regards,

--Paul