From: IEEE President <president@ieee.org>
Date: 11/19/23 5:40 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: sa-bog@ieee.org
Subject: IEEE SA Announcement

Dear Colleagues,

I write to inform you that IEEE Standards Association Past President Jim Matthews will serve as the IEEE SA President effective immediately through 31 December 2024. IEEE volunteer and staff leaders are working together to ensure a smooth transition.

As you may be aware, Jim was a member of the IEEE Board of Directors (2021-2022) and is a Senior Member of IEEE, having joined in 1976 while a student at Georgia Tech. Previously, Jim was a Vice-President of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), Chair of the IEC Standardization Management Board (SMB), and a member of the ANSI Board of Directors.

I thank Jim for his continued service to IEEE.

Saifur Rahman
2023 IEEE President and CEO