[802SEC] Potential appointments for IEEE 802.

All

I want to first thank those who have reached out to me for potential appointed positions

If I am elected as IEEE 802 Chair in March 2024, I intend to ask the current IEEE 802 Chair to make the following appointments (voting and non-voting members) to the IEEE LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) for the 2024-2026 term.*

First Vice Chair: David Halasz
Second Vice Chair: George Zimmerman
Recording Secretary: John D'Ambrosia
Executive Secretary: Jon Rosdahl
Treasurer: Clint Chaplin
Member Emeritus: Paul Nikolich

James Gilb

*PS: Why is Paul making these appointments. Well, whomever is elected as IEEE 802 LMSC Chair doesn't become chair until after the end of the closing plenary meeting and "is confirmed by appointment of the Computer Society Vice President, Standards Activities.", which happens after end of the closing plenary meeting.

Traditionally we confirm these appointments the closing meeting of the March Plenary, in which case the Current/Past IEEE 802 LMSC chair is the one making the nominations.

Perhaps the new Vice Chair in charge of rules (My choice is George Zimmerman) will fix this in our next set of rules (to be approved in 2025), but that is up to whomever that is.

I will both help withe next update of the rules and be happy that I am no longer in charge of it anymore.