Re: [802SEC] Proposed rule change for in person attendance requirement.

Ben

I would point out that "some (useful) attendees who must be remote" are protected in two ways with the rules change.

1) The change to the rules does not change how an remote attendee can participate in the standards development, with the exception of voting, making motions or seconding motions. 2) The ability of the Chair to declare their attendance to be "In-Person" if there is a need for voting rights.

As we strive for consensus, it is common that our work is done by acclamation/lack of dissent. Voting is really our last resort in resolving issues.

James Gilb