[802SEC] Comments on 802.11bp AMP PAR and CSD

Dear Dorothy

Technical issue with the PAR:
- 5.2.b: Coexistence with other STAs for 802.11 is required, but not for IEEE 802.15.4 devices. I suggest adding to the end of the scope the following:

"The amendment defines mechanisms for coexistence of an AMP STA with deployed STAs compliant with IEEE Std 802.11-2020 and devices compliant with IEEE Std 802.15.4-2020."

and add 802.15.4's title in 8.1.

(NesCom and others have already pointed out that the "shall" can't be in the scope)

-8.1: These aren't really explanatory notes, it seems like they are scope items that got removed for some reason. I would think that they should be deleted as they don't affect the project. Only the scope does.

- 8.1: Wireless power transfer is either ambient power nor RF energy harvesting. If the intent is to do something like an active RFID powered by a reader, then that should be in the scope and the name would need to change. I recommend deleting "at least one mode of wireless power ... RF energy harvesting."

Editorial comments on PAR
- "sub-1 Gigahertz (GHz)" should be "sub-1 GHz" You have a number, hence the abbreviation of the unit is used. If it was spelled out, it would be gigahertz and would not be followed with "(GHz)"

Technical issue in CSD:
1.2.3 - Wireless power transfer is not ambient power or RF energy harvesting. I suggest deleting "This project will also provide mechanisms for wireless power transfer to support RF energy harvesting."

If, for some reason, this is included, then the group needs to consider RF exposure limits and IEEE Std C95.1-2019 should be referenced here.

1.2.3 - Wireless power density is not measured in microwatts, but rather microwatts/meter^2. Also, if there isn't a number associated with the unit, the abbreviation isn't used (which uses the Greek letter mu and not u anyway) and the unit is spelled out instead.

James Gilb