Re: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ Approval of submission in response to CEPT’s consultation on draft ECC report 355

I vote approve,
Tuncer Baykas

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> On Behalf Of Edward Au
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2024 2:22 PM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++EC Motion+++ Approval of submission in response to CEPT’s consultation on draft ECC report 355

Dear colleagues,

With this email I would like to announce the start of a LMSC ballot on a draft response to the European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT) began a consultation on a draft ECC report 355 “Measurement-based compatibility studies assessing interference from Very Low Power (VLP) Wireless Access Systems including Radio Local Area Networks (WAS/RLAN) operating in 5945-6425 MHz to Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) systems operating in 5915-5935 MHz”.

James has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC (EC) 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve the comments to the administration.  This EC motion is per IEEE 802 OM 7.2.1 Procedure, P&P 7.1 b) (majority response) and P&P 7.1.2 (2/3 approval of votes cast) for communication with government bodies and public statements.  With that we would like to see everyone respond.

Move to approve document https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/24/18-24-0028-08-0000-proposed-feedback-to-the-cept-pc-on-draft-ecc-report-355.pdf for submission to CEPT before the submission deadline, with editorial license granted to the IEEE 802.18 chair.

o   Approved in the RR-TAG: _7_ / _0_ / _1_ (The Chair did not vote)

·       Mover:     Edward Au
·       Seconder:  Robert Stacey

Start of ballot: 26 March 2024
Close of ballot: 4 April 2024