Re: [STDS-802-11-ARC] Updated agenda for ARC meeting on Wednesday (9/16)

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 ARC Reflector ---

All,

An additional update to the ARC agenda, posted here: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/20/11-20-1343-03-0arc-arc-sc-agenda-16-sep-2020.pptx

I have added an item to update the ARC SC about our document 11-20/0177r1 (https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/20/11-20-0177-01-0arc-liaison-to-revmd-on-ess.docx), which we discussed in the ARC SC over several meetings in 2019 and approved as a liaison to REVmd.

That liaison approval happened at the January F2F, and due to everything being disrupted by the COVID changes, the liaison request into REVmd got lost until this week (this session).

Due to the delay, I took the liberty to update the document to reference REVmd’s Draft D4.0, instead of D3.0 (only one reference had to change).

The r2, with that reference change, was presented at REVmd earlier this week, and some comments were received.  I also received some off-line editorial suggestions.  Those were incorporated into r3 and r4 versions of the document:

                R3:

         Minor changes to 4.3.5.2 proposed text

         Explicitly listed the additional locations to change “homogeneous ESS” (checking for various spellings) with “HeSS”.

         Added discussion of how the contents of 4.3.20 and 4.5.9 could be further updated in this general direction, and why that is suggested to be deferred, for now.

R4:

         Two minor editorial changes, marked in blue in the document.

Thus, at this point, the 11-20/177r4 is really a personal contribution from me, since ARC SC has not had a chance to review the changes I’ve made.  Which brings me to the agenda update, to add a quick review of this status, and to alert the SC to the changes, and request any comments.  I am not planning to formally re-approve the document, though – rather, just to see if anyone thinks I went off-track.

Thanks.  Mark