[STDS-802-11-ARC] Definition of 'IEEE 802 network' proposal

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 ARC Reflector ---
In our last ARC call, we discussed various approaches to define 'IEEE 802 network'. As a starting point for further textual refinements, I would like to propose a definition aligned to the approach adopted in the 802.1CF Recommended Practice for Network Reference Model and Functional Description of IEEE 802 ® Access Network. It relies on the usage of the 'IEEE 802 MAC address' as defined through IEEE Std 802 as the common property of IEEE 802 networks:

Draft proposal of updated definition:
-----
IEEE 802 ® network: A system that forwards user data frames according to IEEE 802 medium access control (MAC) addresses, and IEEE 802 MAC addresses identify the endpoints of the communication links within the system.
-----

Further discussion and refinements might be necessary to make the definition really fitting the many different scenarios that are covered in IEEE 802 standards.

FYI, the current definition:
IEEE 802 ® network: A network consisting of one or more interconnected networks each using a medium
access control (MAC) protocol specified in an IEEE 802 standard.

Bye
Max