[STDS-802-11-CAC] FW: [ieee-ietf-coord] Draft minutes for the 12/17 IEEE 802 - IETF virtual meeting

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---
Below are the minutes from the last joint IETF-802 call; summary of Mesh/Trill item is below.
Expect further discussion in Vancouver.

Dorothy

[20. Area Name - use of TRILL as an alternative path selection
  protocol for use in 802.11 mesh networks]

Dan: This was added since the last meeting, about using TRILL as an alternative path selection protocol for use in 802.11 mesh networks.

Ralph: We had a couple of teleconferences to talk about the situation.  Right now, the way it's been left is that 802 will look at the work and see if it meets the work cases, and after a decision has been made if there are requirements and interest in using TRILL, they will come to the TRILL WG and ask them to participate in a design that uses them as a path selection mechanism.  But still trying to figure out where the work will live in 802 first.

Dan: So no immediate action.

Ralph: Right, leave it open but no immediate action.

Dan: And this will be discussed at the interim meeting in January?

Pat: Right.

Dan: So we'll probably hear updates in February about this from the interim meeting.