Re: [STDS-802-11-CAC] REVme Motion Request

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---

Mike,

I am confused by “Motion 4”.  That motion is to approve resolutions in 11-21/0688r8.  However, all the resolutions in that document are in response to CIDs, and all those CIDs are on the MAC spreadsheet/tab, as included in Motion 3.

So,

1.	Motion 4 seems redundant.  Not a big deal, but…
2.	As I mentioned in an email to you, the resolution to CID 49 in document 11-21/0688r8 is “Accept”, which is not appropriate because the Proposed Change was not directly actionable by the Editors.  However, the resolution in the MAC spreadsheet/tab is Revised, to incorporate the changes in 11-21/0688r8, which should be correct.

I believe the same is true for Motion 5.  The resolutions in the cited document (11-21/0790r6) are all already in the MAC and GEN spreadsheets/tabs, in included in Motion 3.  Although, in this case, I’m not aware of any technical difference/issue, it is just a matter of being redundant.

Bottom line, I think we have it covered with Motion 3, and Motion 4 and Motion 5 should just be deleted.

Mark

From: *** IEEE stds-802-11-cac List ***