[STDS-802-11-CAC] Sub-group Minutes

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---
Dear all,
               Here are two reminders about sub-group minutes that I'd like to suggest to you all and please can you relay this information to your secretaries:

1) I think that previous minutes (e.g. from the May interim) should be approved by a motion which is moved and seconded. You can then ask for approval by unanimous consent if you wish.  Minutes are vitally important in terms of producing an audit trail and it's very easy to get caught out by some of the higher committees (e.g. NesCom/RevCom) at the end of a project, if you do not have a good trail.

2) I would also like to suggest that your teleconference minutes do not appear in the same document as your interim/plenary minutes. Again this relates to a clear audit trail, but also bear in mind that some rules (e.g. the timing of when to make motions) differs between the two types of electronic meetings we currently have. In addition, it messes up my WG minutes, as I'm then including minutes for teleconferences between the interims/plenaries.

I appreciate that this may seem a little picky, but I don't want projects to get caught out in 2-3 years time. Thanks.

Kind regards

Stephen