[STDS-802-11-CAC] Meeting Settings --- Not following Mixed-mode Training. -- may be reason for problems with your meeting.

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---
Greetings,
Ok, there seems to be some trouble with some of the Webex Meetings.
As I checked in on what the causes may be, I noted in each case that settings that I had asked you to make were not done.
See this screen:
image.png
Note that the "Mute on Entry" is not set, and that room had an issue with side noises.
Checking the "Mute on Entry" and clearing "Entry and Exit Tone" would help reduce the noise/interruptions.

Not as critical, but still important to reduce bandwidth requirements....
image.png

please clear the "Allow ...Video"

image.png
This screen is not in the training, but is found under "View" -> Panels -> Manage Panels
While in TGbh, they had a few people that could not see "Polling", I did a reset, and that seemed to help.

After the meeting, Joseph Levy indicated that others that had logged in/out repeatedly seemed to have a phantom/Zombie instance that needed to be cleared (during the TGbe (MAC) Adhoc.

Bottom line,
Please follow the instructions given in the training in doc 802 EC-23/0005r0:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/23/ec-23-0005-00-WCSG-2023-jan-ieee-802w-mixed-mode-interim-av-training.pptx

Let me know if you find other settings or things to do that improves our experience.

Note to Robert, I am not sure why the Entry and Exit Tone is on and the Mute on Entry is off by default.

Jon

Jon Rosdahl                             Engineer, Senior Staff
IEEE 802 Executive Secretary   Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
office: 801-492-4023                  10871 North 5750 West
cell:   801-376-6435                   Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!

A Family is necessary to be happy!!