[STDS-802-11-CAC] Request for Motion in TGbh, April 18

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 Chairs' Advisory Committee Reflector ---

Dorothy,

I would like to request approval for a motion on the TGbh teleconference on April 18.

The motion will be to approve the resolution to CC41 comments, per document 11-22/0973r<latest>.  Move to approve the resolutions of CC41 comments, and incorporate the text changes into the P802.11bh draft, as indicated in 11-22/0973r<??>.

A few notes:

  • We have two proposals to finalize, to have all comments ready for this motion.
    • One is small, but needs some wordsmithing, which I’m working on off-line.
    • The others are all of the “Way forward?” comments dealing with adding another solution to the draft.  We had a very productive call yesterday, and a proposal to satisfy all those comments seems to be very close to consensus, but it also needed some off-line wordsmithing, and will be reviewed again next Tuesday.
    • If all goes well, both those proposals will be agreed on the call next Tuesday, and I’ll update the spreadsheet to note those resolutions and post a 11-22/0973r22.
  • Assuming the above is successful, I assume it is okay to motion the r22 on the 18th?  I don’t need that document to be stable on the server for 10 days, do I?
  • Worst case, if we can’t reach consensus on an r22, I’ll run the motion on r21 (currently posted), to at least get quite a lot of the other comments finalized.
  • FYI, I don’t plan to jump ahead to approving producing draft 1.0 or going out to LB on the 18th.  We have time to get the logistics all sorted and do that on a following call, and/or at the F2F in Orlando.  So, the motion is just to approve all the comment resolutions, and let Carol start editing, for now.

Thanks.  Mark