From:"Jianhan Liu" <jianhanliu@xxxxxxxxx>
To: STDS-802-11-TGAJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent:Sat Oct 27 05:39:20 UTC+0800 2012
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAJ] online meeting link

Hi Folks,

As to the usage model 8a, when we talk about portable devices, do we
need to seperate mobile devices (small footsize devices, such as
cellular phone, Ipod) and normal portable devices (relatively large
size devices, tablet pad, laptop, etc.)?

As we know, for small footsize devices, antenna array size and power
comsuption limitaions/reqirements are quite different from those of
large footsize portable devices. Given the boom and diversity of
portable devices, maybe it is wise to seperate into two categories (of
course how to classify into two categories needs more discussion.) I
think these two usage models will affect the function requirements on
link budget and performance requirement. It will also may help for
future implementation on cost and flexibility.

Any thoughts are very welcome.

Thanks,

Jianhan Liu
Mediatek USA