Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAX] TGax Functional Requirement contribution 14/0567r7

Hi Lei,

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Lei Wang <leileiw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Based on the received comments, a updated revision has been just uploaded,
> i.e., 14/0567r7, with modifications from r6 highlighted by word change
> tracking marks. Please review! Thanks!

Thanks for uploading a new revision.

I believe the changes are unnecessary and do not help. Adding "[…]
compared to the existing IEEE 802.11 standard and its amendments
operating in the same dense deployment scenario" here and there raises
the question if a comparison different to the rules set out in the
beginning of Clause 2 could be considered. While Clause 2 clearly
mandates "For the 2.4 GHz band 802.11ax performance improvements shall
be compared with operation of 802.11n. For the 5 GHz band 802.11ax
performance improvements shall be compared with operation of
802.11ac." one might argue that the additions of r7 allow to compare
with 802.11b or 802.11a performance as well.

Thus, I believe we are going backwards and the changes make the
document less precise. However, during a motion I will not object to
the changes.

Best regards,

Guido

Instead, go to http://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-11-TGAX and then press the LEAVE button.