[STDS-802-11-TGAZ] Mutually direction measurement capability

Hi All,

During the conference call in 10/10/18 I mentioned mutually direction measurement capable DMG STAs.  The question came up as to why we need to define whether device are “mutually direction measurement capable”.

The answer is that the capabilities field has 4 capability bits: AOD TX, AOD RX, AOA TX and AOA RX.  In order to have a useful exchange, we need one device to have a TX capability if the other device has an RX capability, and they shall also match in the AOA/AOD sense.  Therefore, it is not enough to have one capability bit set (as the current text has), but it has to be a matching bit in the 2 devices.  This is the reason for defining “mutual” capability.

Best Regards,

     Assaf