Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBA] regarding the 802.11ba usage models (17/0029)

Hello,

I have the following comments on 17/0029r4:

- in Usage Model 1: Smart Home, I suspect the power required to move

the curtains twice a day will vastly exceed that required to run

a STA in legacy PS mode for a day (using a suitable listen interval

and BSS max idle period etc.).  So I don't think this particular part

of the usage model is convincing.  Even the door seems a bit borderline

to me (some kind of energy budget should be done to show that the

energy needed to operate the lock a couple of times a day is

significantly less than that needed to run a STA in legacy PS mode)

- in Usage Model 3: Outdoor Cattle Farms, I don't think it will make a

difference whether the emergency cow rustling signal takes 1 ms or 1 s

to get transmitted.  So I don't think "Delay should be a critical factor

in case of emergency report" is convincing.  I'm similarly unconvinced

by the Quick message/Incoming call notification/sensor alarm aspects

of Usage Model 1: Smart Home

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk