Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] Text on UL use case in clause 4.3.100

I also like this proposal.  Thanks for working on it.

Regards,

Carol

From: ** STDS-802-11-TGbc -- Enhanced Broadcast Service ** <STDS-802-11-TGBC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, January 11, 2021 at 1:53 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-11-TGBC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] Text on UL use case in clause 4.3.100

Hi Abhi,

Thanks for putting this together. I'm happy with text change.

Cheers,

Mike

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 1:48 PM Abhishek Patil <appatil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you for the discussion during today’s TGbc session.

With respect to the text related to uplink use case in Morioka-san’s document, I think we could simply the two sentences as follows:.

“Further, EBCS provides a service in which an EBCS AP can relay the contents of the higher layer payload, received from a EBCS non-AP STA, to a destination specified in the frame transmitted by the STA. The relaying EBCS AP can append additional information if requested by the transmitting STA and supported by the AP.”

I have incorporated the comments I heard during the call – including:

  • Using the term relay instead of forwarding
  • Tie the actions to an EBCS service
  • Refer to the contents of the payload
    • Specifically the higher layer payload carried in the frame
  • Stayed away from making reference to the actual frame or the field(s) in the frame

Could you please let me know if you have additional suggestions?

Regards,
Abhi