Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] Proposed comment resolutions for LB252

Antonio,
              thanks for the explanation and apologies for my slow response.

The draft currently states "The Enhanced Broadcast Service ANQP-element advertises available EBCSs from the STA transmitting this element". I think this is fine. The resolution you provide below for CID 1012, adapts this to say " The Enhanced Broadcast Service ANQP-element advertises available EBCSs from the AP transmitting this element or received EBCSs from the non-AP transmitting this element". However, I think this only works for the DL situation. For the UL situation, you would want the Enhanced Broadcast Service ANQP-element to do the reverse. However, for an AP with both UL and DL traffic this could be confusing.

So, I think there are 2 ways forward:
1) Separate the advertisement of transmit EBCSs and receive EBCSs into two separate ANQP-elements.
2) Insert a flag (e.g. single bit) into a new Enhanced Broadcast Service Request ANQP-element to provide an indication of whether this is a uplink or downlink query.

I prefer option 1), as it's a cleaner simpler solution. Introducing a flag into an ANQP-element request (option 2)) means the request is for different functionality.

Regarding the optimisation of APs (in the same ESS?) transmitting the same EBCSs, I think that's ok.

Kind regards

Stephen