Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] Submission 11-21-0524r2

Thanks for this, Stephen.

Re CID 1317, maybe add "particular" to the definition:

"EBCS service period: A period of time during which an enhanced broadcast services (EBCS) access point (AP) intends to conduct EBCS transmissions associated with a particular content identifier (ID)".

since all EBCS transmissions are associated with a content ID, but

an EBCS SP is only for one content ID (right?).

Re CID 1049, I'm not sure what's being suggested.  The resolution is

"Revised: Add to the end of the cited sentence " TBTTs"."

but no sentence is cited in the comment, and the location referred

to in the comment, 57.20, is for the sentence:

If the negotiated duration for the

eBCS is longer than the maximum time to termination value, the transmitting STA shall set the Time To

Termination subfield to 65535.

where adding " TBTTs" doesn't address the comment (and doesn't really

work anyway).

More generally, this is Clause 11, which is behaviour not format.

Clause 9 does seem to define the units for the Time To Termination

fields (in the various elements something like that appears in):

The Requested Time To Termination subfield indicates the period in number of TBTTs during which the

eBCS identified by the Content ID included in the same eBCS Request Info subfield is being requested.

The Time To Termination subfield indicates the time to termination in number of TBTTs during which the

eBCS identified by the Content ID included in the same eBCS Request Info subfield is broadcast.

The Time To Termination subfield indicates the number of TBTTs until the eBCS identified by the content

ID contained in the Content ID subfield is terminated.

There is, however, a possible issue since "number of TBTTs" is ambiguous,

e.g. if the number of TBTTs specified is 1, and the frame containing the

field is sent just before a TBTT, is the duration indicated just the tiny

amount of time until that TBTT, or is this actually saying one beacon interval

(i.e. the duration corresponding to the eponymous field in the beacons)?

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk