Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBC] CR documents uploaded

Thanks for these, Xiaofei.  I have the following comments:

CID

Clause Number(C)

Page(C)

Line(C)

Comment

Proposed Change

Resolution

Comment on proposed resolution

1498

9.4.5.100

31

18

The definition of "Content ID" is very poor and does not indicate a format or value type.

Add the following text after the cited sentence: "The format of the ID is an integer in the range 0..65535". Alternatively a reference to the definition in clause 9.4.2.301 could be added.

Revised:
Agree with the comment. Addititional clarification has been added.

TGbc editor: please make changes as contained 11-21/570r0 under CID 1498.

I don't think we need this, because "Unless specified otherwise, a number in a field is encoded as an unsigned integer." is already stated in Subclause 9.2.2

1067

9.4.2.302

28

7

In the text "A value 0 in the eBCS Request Status subfield indicates that the request for the eBCS identified by the Content ID included in the same eBCS Response Info subfield is denied." I do not think denied is the correct word.

Change to cannot be satisfied

Revised: change "is denied" to "cannot be satisfied".

"is refused"?  "cannot" is vague

1560

9.4.2.302

28

20

Does Time To Termination subfield need 4 octets? Shouldn't a value be necessary when the period is not determined? (Or, is the field not present when not determined?) Is value 0 valid? How is this subfield used? Is it explained somewhere in clause 11? (Something like, the AP receives this value and determines the Time To Termination subfield value in the eBCS Response.)

Please verify.

Revised.
The Time To Termination field should be 0 or 2 bytes long. A reference is added Clause 9.6.7.102 for definition of the Time To Termination subfield.

TGbc editor:

please incorporate changes in 11-21/570r0 under  CID 1560.

I don't think referring to a subclause for another element like this is a good idea, as it can lead to spec rot.  If you want to have a field with the same description in two places, then move it to Subclause 9.4.1

1483

9.4.2.302

27

12

What is an eBCS AP STA?

Change "eBCS AP STA" to "eBCS AP"

Accepted

1116

9.4.2.301

27

6

"A value of 1 in the Requested Time To Termination subfield indicates that a Requested Time To Termination subfield is present in the same eBCS Request Info subfield"
Different subfields have the same name.

Replace "Requested Time To Termination" in FIgure 9-bc8 with "Requested Time To Termination Present"
Replace the first "Requested Time To Termination" on P27L6 with "Requested Time To Termination Present"

Accepted

Is this in line with the resolutions for the other comments about the naming inconsistency?

1364

11.100.5

56

38

"An  eBCS  STA  that  is  the  broadcaster  of  one  or  more  eBCSs  shall  start  to  transmit  eBCS  Termination  38
Notice frames if one or more eBCS that it is transmitting will terminate" -- first condition follows from second

Change to "An  eBCS  STA  shall  start  to  transmit  eBCS  Termination
Notice frames if one or more eBCSs that it is transmitting will terminate"

Accepted

1340

11.100.4

56

24

"to  request  one  or  more  of  such  eBCSs" should be just "to request these eBCSs"

Revised: Change "to request one or more of such eBCSs" to "to request these eBCSs"

Should be Accepted

1221

11.100.4

56

30

"Time of Termination field" should be "Time Of Termination filed".

Please revise according to the comment.

Revised: change "Time to Termination field" to "Time To Termination field"

Should be
Revised: change "Time of Termination field" to "Time To Termination field"

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk