[STDS-802-11-TGBC] CID 2279 - AP registering to consume services from STAs

Dear all, I kindly ask for you input in the following issue.

We are working on CID 2279 that reads as follows:

Comment: Is it true that an EBCS AP can request to register for an EBCS STA that will broadcast an EBCS traffic stream? Is this case supported? In particular, EBCS UL seems to be defined quite specifically in 11.55.1

This comment is mainly related to a note appearing in 11.22.3.3.1.7, which I copy here:

If the Enhanced Broadcast Service Request ANQP-element is one of the permitted negotiation methods, a STA may use it to request registration (or unregistration) from a peer STA. [continues]..

NOTE—The requesting STA can be either an EBCS AP or an EBCS non-AP STA.

This comment is also related to CIDs 2162-2167 (6 CIDs) which have been already resolved (except 2163) and modified Table 11-14 (this is the latest version after applying the CIDs)

image.png
This table (after CIDs 2162-2167) has already been modified so that an AP cannot transmit the EBCS Request ANQP-element.

So the discussion is if we should explicitly remove the note, since it is in fact not supported that the AP sends an EBCS Request ANQP-element, or revert Table 11-14 to its prior definition and allow this feature.

Thanks
Antonio

--
Antonio de la Oliva