原始邮件
发件人:JayHolcomb <jholcomb@xxxxxxxx>
收件人:Dorothy <dorothy.stanley@xxxxxxx>;孙波10013985;
日 期 :2019年04月26日 21:51
主 题 :5GAA ex parte comments

Hi Dorothy and Bo,

wanted to get a heads up to you.  5GAA has put in an ex parte to the FCC to basically re-band the U-NII-4 band.

5850-5855 5MHz       Reserve Band

5855-5865 10MHz      802.11 channel 172

5865-5905 40MHz      for 5G-V2X

5905-5925 20MHz      for LTE-V2X

some links to the proceeding and ex parte:

       https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/filings?proceedings_name=18-357&sort=date_disseminated,DESC

       https://ecfsapi.fcc.gov/file/1040534706725/5GAA%20Ex%20Parte%20Notice%204.5.19.pdf

       https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/19/18-19-0051-00-0000-5gaa-waiver-ex-parte-notice-4-5-19-fcc-gn-18-357.pdf

there is rumor that an NPRM for the band may come out later in the year and with all that 5GAA is pushing, we are not sure where the NPRM might go.

we have been discussing in weekly 802.18 meetings we should reply to the 5GAA ex parte and have put together some bullets to consider:

       This is less DSRC bandwidth from original 5GAA waiver request, DSRC would be Chan. 172 only.

       Sharing in the band is not being accomplished as was one of the directives.

       Technology evolution does not work into this C-V2X approach

       How it affects the testing that the DoT has been doing and moving forward with.

       Note they want 4G and 5G in this.

with no hard dates, I was concerned we will talk about this and not get to comments so I suggested at the .18 teleconference yesterday (25th) and it took to see what we can have by thursday at Atlanta (16 May). (we meet Tues AM2 and Thu AM1)

if the 802.11bd TG would have any comment ready text for not just these bullets, though any other bullets of note they would like to get to the FCC, we would appreciate the input and could add into the comments we will be working on.  then .18 can review and make ready to send in during the meetings in Atlanta.

fyi and thanks

jay

sorry for the longer email, a couple more links to the IEEE 802 comments to 5GAA waiver and the DoT from a few months back for reference:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/18/18-18-0159-08-0000-fcc-gn-18-357-5gaa-waiver-ieee-802-comments.pdf

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/19/18-19-0008-08-0000-usdot-v2x-communciations-rfc-ieee-802-comments.pdf