Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBD] Added proposed resolutions to CIDs: 1168 and 1278 to 11-21/0890r3

Hi, Joe,

On CID 1374, I disagree with your resolution.

First, I am still really struggling with why an interoperability standard (which is what 802.11 is) needs to describe actions that are entirely local to an endpoint.  I understand (or take it for granted) that such action is needed for some higher layer behavior when using 802.11bd operation.  However, that does not dictate that 802.11 needs to describe that behavior, unless it affects interoperability (even indirectly).  I can see no such connection here to any interoperability impacts.  Maybe I’m missing it?

That said, if the conclusion of the group is that we do really need these primitives, then I’ll turn to the other suggestion in my comment, that these primitives “need to be connected to normative behavior somehow.”  If there is agreement that some form of interoperability or behavior of 802.11bd depends on these primitives, then they need to have the expected (and necessary) behavior described in normative text in clauses 10 or 11 (or 31?) or some such.  Adding primitives without behavior is not accomplishing anything.

Thanks for your (re)consideration.

Mark