From: John Kenney <jkenney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 21 January 2022 03:05
To: STDS-802-11-TGBD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBD] LB 259 CR CID 3002 and 3052 in 11-22/0007r4

Hi Stephan,

Thanks a lot for working on this. It's quite complicated, and I don't pretend to understand all of it.

I like what you've provided to us.  One area where I see a potential for confusion is with respect to the words "with the following differences" in this sentence:

An NGV Ranging NDP Announcement frame (9.3.1.19 (VHT/HE/Ranging NDP Announcement frame format)) is transmitted instead of a VHT/HE/Ranging NDP Announcement frame.with the following differences in the subfields of the STA Info fields:

I want to be as clear as possible what we say these are differences from. I think this means that 9.3.1.19 specifies the frame format and the contents of the subfields for the general case, and we're going to specify different subfield contents for some, but not all, of the fields for the NGV case.  My small suggestion is to break this into two sentences so we don't have to invoke 9.3.1.19 twice in the same sentence (I'm not showing change tracking):

I'm not sure, but to me that is slightly clearer for the reader.  If you disagree, please go ahead with your current wording.

The only other comment is that the number 32 was inadvertently copy/pasted into the first bullet of the 11.21.6.4.4.2 insertion:

I believe 32 is a line number in the 11az text from which this was copied.

Thanks,

John