Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Call for Motions

Hi Alfred,

One more request for motions (4 of them), based on the SPs that passed in the PHY AdHoc. The motions are in document 1870r4, “Further Ideas on EHT Preamble Design”, (Sameer Vermani, Qualcomm).

Motion 1

  • Move to add the following to the spec-framework document:
    • The U-SIG shall contain the following version independent fields
      • PHY version identifier: 3 bits
      • UL/DL flag: 1 bit

              Moved by: Sameer Vermani

Motion 2

  • Move to add the following to the spec-framework document:
    • There shall be a variable MCS and variable length EHT-SIG, immediately after the U-SIG,  in an EHT PPDU sent to multiple users.

              Moved by: Sameer Vermani

Motion 3

  • Move to add the following to the spec-framework document:
    • The EHT-SIG (immediately after the U-SIG) in an EHT PPDU sent to multiple users shall have a common field and user-specific field(s).
      • Special case compressed modes (e.g., full BW MU-MIMO) are TBD

              Moved by: Sameer Vermani

Motion 4

  • Move to add the following to the spec-framework document:
    • The U-SIG is modulated in the same way as the HE-SIG-A field of 11ax.
      • Extended range SU mode is TBD

              Moved by: Sameer Vermani

Thanks,

Sameer