[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] discussion on 11-20-0469-01-00be-multi-link channel sensing and channel access

Hi Yonggang,

Thanks for initiating the discussion. I have similar view as Pooya. The main fairness concern is for single link STA, not OBSS STA.  I have several additional comments:

When the CWmin can further reduce, simply reduce CWmin will get similar gain as Joint backoff. If you argue that we can using Joint backoff in addition to reduce the CWmin, we need to consider that, how to set CWmin is depends on the traffic load on this link (include OBSS transmission), when the load is light, a small CWmin can be used, the STA can easily get a TXOP, it may not so necessary to use joint backoff, because access delay may not be the bottleneck of delay. When the load is heavy, a very small CWmin is not a good choice (may increase the collision probability), under this condition, Joint backoff may also increase the collision probability. So it is not easy to convince people without simulation results.

Joint backoff may has a big change for the backoff rules, and makes it complex. For example, when only the first link get TXOP after BO counter reaches 0, the second link will need to update CW and BO counter to continue the backoff. Later if the transmission is finished or failed in the first link, and the CW and BO counter need to update, but CW and BO counter already there (two link share one CW and BO counter in Joint backoff), how to deal with it is a new issue that never happens in single link backoff.

Regards,

Yunbo