Sender: AbhishekPatil <appatil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Date: 2020/06/08 18:24
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] SPs in doc 11-20/0356

Hi All,

I had presented doc 11-20/0356 during last weekâ??s 11be call and deferred the SPs for further discussion.

I have made a few updates to the SPs based on offline feedback that I receive so far.

Could you please take a look at the revised SPs and let me know if you have additional feedback/suggestions?

SP1:

  • Do you agree to define mechanism(s) to include MLO information that a STA an AP of an MLD provides in its mgmt . frames, during discovery and ML setup, as described below?

    • Capabilities and Operational parameter of other STAs of the MLD other than the advertising STA

    • Information common to all the STAs of the MLD

    • MLD (common) Information

    • Per-link information

 [YG ]   "Capabilities and Operational parameter of other STAs of the MLD other than the advertising STA"  could belong to MLD common info or Per-link info. It does not need to be listed separately.  In addition, It is better to separate the information included in the Beacon frame from the link setup frame (like association frame) as different frame may require different information of MLD .

SP2:

  • Do you support that the MLO framework should follow an inheritance model to prevent frame bloating when advertising complete information of other links?

    • Note: inheritance mechanism is similar to that defined in 11ax for multiple BSSID feature

    • For example, if an element is not carried in the profile for a link, the value of the element is the same as that of the advertising link

SP3:

  • Do you support that an AP of an AP MLD may advertise complete or partial information of other links when possible?

    • Partial information to prevent frame bloating

    • For example, frames exchanged during ML setup are expected to carry complete information while Beacon frame is expected to carry partial information

    • Exact content of partial information is TBD

[YG ]  If the AP MLD advertises a partial information of other links, if may require extra frame exchange in the link set process which creates the extra delay.  We suggest to remove "or partial" from the SP3.

SP4:

  • Do you support that a STA of non-AP MLD shall include in its Probe Request an indication that it supports MLO operation?

    • Note: Exact signaling TBD

[YG ]  Could you please clarify "ML operation":  ML with STR or ML with STR constraint operation as they are different.

SP5:

  • Do you support that an AP of an AP MLD shall include MLO information when responding, with an individually addressed Probe Response frame, to a Probe Request frame from a non-AP STA that has indicated support for MLO ?

[YG]  Similar comment as to SP4

Regards,
Abhi