Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Clarification question on 813r0

Hi Dibakar,

Thanks for sharing. Few questions:

1) Slide 6: Why is the TBD response frame from peer STA required? Doesn’t the subsequent Data frame suffice? Why is this different from the case of TB PPDUs?

2) Slide 6: can you elaborate the sentence “Peer STA uses the allocation for any purpose including peer-to-peer communication.”? E.g. can the allocation be used for uplink transmissions to the AP? I think this will complicate the procedure since now the AP is unsure what to expect.

3) The contribution doesn’t address the issue of how the AP knows when to share the TXOP for the peer STAs. In fact how is the AP even aware of the existence of P2P STAs in the BSS? E.g. TDLP setup frames are transparent to the AP since they are encapsulated in Data frames. Also, BSR reports will likely need special consideration for P2P traffic, right?

I am supportive of the use case but I think it is important to address #3 as well before we can decide whether this is really as simple as portraited.

Regards,

Rojan