From: Jinjing Jiang <jinjing@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 2:59 PM
To: Das, Dibakar <dibakar.das@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: George Cherian <gcherian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Zhou Lan <zhou.lan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; liyunbo@xxxxxxxxxx; Cariou, Laurent <laurent.cariou@xxxxxxxxx>; Srinivas Kandala <srini.k1@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Yongho Seok <Yongho.Seok@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; liwen.chu@xxxxxxx; Rui.Yang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Comments on "0755 Non-STR AP"

Hi, Dibakar,

Thanks for the comments.
1, The main problem for Non-STR AP MLD is to devise a solution such that there won't be a case that a non-STR MLD will transmit and receive at the same time. In terms of the gain, every TXOP, if there is an additional data pipe that could be of use, we think it is better. Similar analogy could be found on the channel puncture schemes.

BTW, we are mainly talking about multi-link EHT STAs who can do non-STR on both 5 and 6GHz links, rather than single-radio/link STAs.

2, Some companies are interested in Trigger-based access on the conditional link, we have no strong opinion on this. Our proposal works for both DL and UL without the assumption that Triggered channel access is supported. This simply reflects the reality that most STA won’t be able to send Trigger frame for now.

3, There are 3 flavors in Non-STR STA MLD operation with the STR AP MLD discussed in the group, a) PIFS or some variants of PIFS based method, b) Receiver-assisted method using RTS/CTS-style exchange c) Receiver-decided method; in our opinion, at least a) and b) could be suitable for Non-STR AP case.

Best regards,

Jinjing