[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: Straw poll on "0755 Non-STR AP"

Hi Jinjing,

Thanks for your presentation. It aligned with one of my previous presentation which also propose support non-STR AP MLD with simple operation mechanism.  So I will support your main text in the SP.

But I am not clear about the note part. When you say limited to soft AP, do you means the related mechanism can not be used by normal AP MLD? What is the reason, can you explain more about your intention to add this limitation?

发件人: Jinjing Jiang [mailto:jinjing@xxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2020623 6:36
收件人: George Cherian <gcherian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Zhou Lan <zhou.lan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Liyunbo <liyunbo@xxxxxxxxxx>; Das, Dibakar <dibakar.das@xxxxxxxxx>; Cariou, Laurent <laurent.cariou@xxxxxxxxx>; Srinivas Kandala <srini.k1@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Yongho Seok <Yongho.Seok@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; liwen.chu@xxxxxxx; Rui.Yang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
主题: Straw poll on "0755 Non-STR AP"

Dear all,

Based on the offline discussion with a few members here, I revised the straw poll text as the following to clarify our intention a bit.

Comments are welcome.

Best regards,

Jinjing

-------

Do you agree to define mechanisms to support the operation of a Non-STR AP MLD in R1?

Note: the mechanisms are limited to instantiate a Non-STR Non-AP MLD as a Soft AP that could utilize all its links. The exact language to govern such scope is TBD.