Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 562r4 - Enhanced single-radio operation

Changed the title.

Hi Ross, Ming,

Since we are now on the same page, I would like to find a middle ground to move forward.

In the email below, you agreed to the benefit of (2) enhanced single-radio/link(2x2) compared to either (1) single-radio/link (2x2 MIMO) alone or (3) STR MLD (1x1 each link) alone. You also seem to agree that a non-AP MLD has to switch between (3):listen on two links using 1x1 on each link and (1):exchange data using one link in 2x2, which is the same as the multi-link operation of (2), to have similar performance as (2). However, you don't think it is necessary to define a new type of MLD (i.e. enhanced single-radio/link non-AP MLD) for such a multi-link operation.

To move forward, how about we focus on defining the functionality of the proposed multi-link operation that listens on multiple links and transmit/receive data on one link at a time, and not define it as a new type of MLD? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Minyoung