Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 992 - mandatory/optional for MLO

To VK:

I think the yellow part is still needed to capture what Brian was mentioning.

If the physical device is an AP box that has 2 APs on 2 bands/links, but each of these APs can only operate on their configured link, then each of these EHT AP will not be capable of operating on the other link, while you want to make sure that we capture that each of those APs will be part of the MLD.

To Srini:

“Capable of operating”. For instance, a single radio but capable of operating on 2-3 bands. That should be part of an MLD (single radio MLD).

Can you please clarify what you mean by limitation here? Not sure I follow. This is just mandatory/optional discussion.

To Jarkko:

If a STA is not part of an MLD, it will operate with a single AP.

We are thinking that all EHT STAs shall be part of MLD, because even if the MLD is made of a single STA, all MLD functionalities that would need to be supported would fall down to baseline (Multi-link setup becomes association, ..) but I got some feedback that people would want more discussions on that. So for now, we just try and validate the cases that are obvious (more than one link).