From: Rojan Chitrakar <rojan.chitrakar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 8:27 PM
To: chunyuhu07@xxxxxxxxx; STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20/1046: discussion on "restricted TWT"

Hi Chunyu,

Thanks for starting the thread.

I think the crux of the matter is how to ensure that the “Restricted TWT” is indeed “Restricted”? Mandating early termination of preceding TXOP only addresses part of the problem, but how are traffic from 3rd party STAs (e.g. non-latency sensitive traffic) prohibited from accessing the channel during the “restricted TWT” SP? Is it entirely based on the NAV protection (e.g. RTS/CTS) of the TWP SP, or do you envision other methods? Also, there is no guarantee that the RTS frame can gain the channel access at the start of the TWT SP. I couldn’t find much details in your slides, appreciate if you could shed some light.

Regards,

Rojan