Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20/1046: discussion on "restricted TWT"

Hi, Osama:

Thanks for your comment/question.

The restricted TWT SP can be assigned to a group of STAs same as existing TWT, during which AP can use DL/UL MU transmissions.

The contention exists even it’s assigned to a single STA but with both DL/UL traffic.

STAs as members of the SP can use any existing mechanism to reduce or even eliminate contention among them. This is related to your comment – any additional mechanism(s) we need to define in accessing the medium during SP to further improve the performance.  It’s covered in this contribution but we can continue to discuss once the group agree on first steps and the direction.

Thanks.

Chunyu