Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] PDT MAC MLO Discovery: ML IE Structure

Hi Abhi, all,

One question:

1. Is the multi-link element really optional in Beacon and in Probe Response?
 I though that this element is transmitted in all Beacons of AP belonging to AP MLD:
- non-AP STA MLD may be confused, if the element is sometimes present and sometimes not present. It is better to have this element always present.
- if this element is not present in Beacon, then can receiving STAs detect that the AP sending the beacon is part of the AP MLD?
- Can non-AP MLDs initiate link setup based on the received Beacon? In legacy operation, STAs have been able to association if they receive Beacon or probe response.

Cheers,
Jarkko