[STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20/1046 SP1 discussion (restricted TWT)

Hi, all:

Based on feedback we collected, we prepared a second version of SP1 and hope to get some early feedback of the WG’s preference:

----------------

Version 1 (current one):

  • Do you agree to add to the TGbe SFD (in R1), a mode where an AP may announce restricted TWT session(s) such that:
    • Any STA supporting this mode, and associated to the AP, shall end its TXOP before the start of the restricted SP(s)
    • Note-1: the “restricted TWT” name is TBD.
    • Note-2: such restricted TWT SPs are intended to provide more predictable latency performance for latency sensitive traffic.

Version 2 (new):

  • Do you agree to add to the TGbe SFD (in R1), a mode where an AP may announce restricted TWT session(s) such that:
    • Any EHT STA associated to the AP, shall end its TXOP before the start of the restricted SP(s)
    • Note-1: the “restricted TWT” name is TBD.
    • Note-2: such restricted TWT SPs are intended to provide more predictable latency performance for latency sensitive traffic.

  1. Version-2 focuses on solving the EHT STA problem, and avoid creating “legacy EHT STAs”
  2. AP may enter this mode at its configuration. For example, it selectively announces this mode in some link(s), e.g. a 6GHz link.
  3. For legacy STAs, if there is interest in supporting this mode, e.g. joining such TWT sessions, we can discuss further in next step.
  4. AP can decide if to admit a STA to the BSS or link where the mode is on as one way to handle/mitigate the legacy STA issue. Can discuss this further in next step.

Feel free to send me or any co-authors an email or reply to this thread.

Thank you very much!

Chunyu