[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion of 11-20/1122 - 802.11be Architecture/Association Discussion

Dear All,

As time did not allow for a full discussion of 11-20/1122 (https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/20/11-20-1122-03-00be-802-11be-architecture-association-discussion.pptx) at yesterday's MAC ad hoc meeting, I'm kicking off this discussion via the TGbe reflector.

If you have a question, statement, or comment to make on this topic please reply to this email discussion thread

I believe it is critical to the progress of 802.11be that:
  1. There is an agreed sensible and clear top down architecture for MLO
  2. That precise use of terms is important (e.g. AP, STA, link, device, ...)
  3. That the MLO entities (currently called MLD AP and non-AP MLD STA) should be defined as APs and non-AP STAs with new capabilities (not new entities that contain STAs and APs)
The time to make these decisions is now as these decisions greatly impact the text, scope, and organization of the 802.11be amendment.

Please note that the original 11-20/1122r0 was posted 21 July, it has taken quite a while for this discussion to reach the TGbe MAC ad hoc for discussion.

Please share your thoughts and comments.
--
Regards,
Joseph Levy