Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-20/1554 ML reconfiguration

Hi Payam,

Thanks for sharing the presentation.

I have questions regarding proposed SP1 and SP3

In the proposed Straw Poll 1, when the non-AP MLD requests the associated AP MLD to remove a link – the AP MLD can’t reject this request.

On the contrary, in proposed Straw Poll 3, when the AP MLD requests the associated non-AP MLD to remove a link you propose either of 2 options:

  • Option 1: this request is considered as a recommendation and the non-AP MLD can reject it.
  • Option 2: this request is mandatory and includes notification for the time that the link will actually be removed (and the non-AP can’t reject it).

My questions are:

  • If we take Option 1 (of SP3): can you explain the difference why the AP MLD can’t reject the request of the associated non-AP MLD, while the non-AP MLD can reject the request of the AP MLD?
  • If we take Option 2 (of SP3): why the proposed notification pointing to a future removal time can’t be applied for the case of link removal in SP 1 (i.e. when the non-AP MLD requests a link removal from the AP MLD)??

Thanks for the swift reply.

Regards,

Arik