[STDS-802-11-TGBE] SP for 21/0095

Hi all,

During the last joint TGbe call, the wording of SP1 in 21/0095r0 was modified during discussion, but the SP itself was not run pending further discussion.

The latest draft wording is:

  • Do you agree that:
    • for an 80 MHz operating STA supporting SST that is assigned (by the AP) a non-primary 80 MHz channel in a 160 MHz or 320 MHz EHT MU PPDU using SST, the STA shall have already received at least one "guaranteed non-punctured 20 MHz channel" from the AP within the non-primary 80 MHz.
    • Note: SST in non-primary 80 MHz is an agreed R2 feature

Some motivation behind the current wording:

  • The main motivation is to keep preamble processing similar in primary 80 MHz and non-primary 80 MHz by having a guaranteed non-punctured 20 MHz channel in both
  • We’re not trying to get into any details of the SST mechanism (or other signaling)
  • The SP tries to cover cases where puncturing may be static (not part of SST) vs. more dynamic

I believe the current wording is fine for the limited scope of the agreement we’re looking for (sufficient to guarantee that preamble processing in non-primary 80 is not different). Definitely further agreements would be needed as to how the indication of the "guaranteed non-punctured 20 MHz channel" is done in practice, … but I’d rather break this down into separate agreements.

With that in mind, are there any remaining concerns with the wording as shown above?

Thanks,

Sigurd