Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on CR doc 252r1 - use of "shall be able to"

Gaurag,

Thanks for the explanation. However as I look through Clause 11.1.4 of IEEE 802.11-2020 which deals with acquiring synchonization and scanning, the requirements seem predominantly to use "may". Therefore I believe "may"  should be used to remain consistent with similar behaviour.

So I would recommend that we use "may" instead of "shall be able to". But I could be convinced if others justify the use of  "can".

In the standard, there are 2595 occurrences of "may", 1426 occurrences of "can", and only 24 occurrences of "shall be able to"

Cheers,

Mike