Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [Suspected Marketing Mail] [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] TGbe Teleconferences [02/08/2021]: Agendas Posted

Hi Dibakar,

I understand your concern that the CTS can be used as a confirm frame to notify the AP that the STA will use the reserved TXOP to send out P2P traffic.

Actually, the AP can determine whether the STA can use the reserved TXOP via medium detection, that’s, if the AP detect the medium busy after SIFS interval,

It means the P2P traffic is ongoing. Otherwise, the AP will regain the TXOP since the expected STA didn’t send out P2P traffic. Therefore, the CTS is not necessary and become a burden of increasing the timing cost of exchange sequence to P2P case.

Further, the motion mentions that the non-TB PPDUs will be used for UL traffic as well, That’s to say, the STA needs to send out a CTS first before the UL traffic after receiving the variant MU-RTS,  it’s a very strange behavior compared to the basic trigger frame, I’m curiously to ask why the basic trigger frame doesn’t solicit CTS frame in 11ax, hope some expert can explain the history.

I prefer the solicited CTS is optional so that it’s become a flexible behavior and different implementer can choice the suitable behavior.

Welcome further comments on this point.

Thanks

Best Regards

Jay Yang