From: Nancy Lee [mailto:000013df95aa5f4e-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 9:13 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [PDT] Feedback Requested for PDT on TID-to-Link Mapping Negotiation

Signify Classified - Internal

Hi Kaiying,

I have a couple of editorial comments on 11/1407r16 that you presented on today’s call. The following bullet item is difficult to parse:

      A STA affiliated to the non-AP or an AP affiliated to the soft AP MLD may initiate a PPDU transmission to its associated soft AP or non-AP STA in the non-primary link only if the STA or AP affiliated to the same MLD in the primary link is also initiating the PPDU as a TXOP holder with the same start time.

One way to clarify would be to insert the word “respectively” before “in the non-primary link”. Even better would be to separate the two cases, i.e.,:

      A STA affiliated to the non-AP may initiate a PPDU transmission to its associated soft AP in the non-primary link only if the STA affiliated to the same MLD in the primary link is also initiating the PPDU as a TXOP holder with the same start time.

      An AP affiliated to the soft AP MLD may initiate a PPDU transmission to its associated non-AP STA in the non-primary link only if the AP affiliated to the same MLD in the primary link is also initiating the PPDU as a TXOP holder with the same start time.

Also since there are two different constraints listed, I think the preceding sentence should be:

STAs affiliated to a non-AP MLD that is associated with a soft AP MLD and APs affiliated to a soft AP MLD shall follow the procedure defined in 35.3.13.6 “Start time sync PPDUs medium access” when intending to transmit in the non-primary link with the following additional constraints.

Regards,

Nancy Lee

Signify