From: Alice Jialing Li <jialing.li.phd2@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 4:25 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Agendas for TGbe March plenary sessions

Hi Xiaogang,

Thanks for your question.

Firstly, per Motion 137, #SP291, SU/SU DUP/NDP are indicated by the PPDU Type And Compression Mode field being set to 1. This is Option 2. We follow it.

Secondly, spec writing needs to be clear for people to follow. For argument purpose, assume Option 1. What if the UL/DL field being set to 0, PPDU Type And Compression Mode being set to 0, EHT-SIG MCS being set to 0, and Number of EHT-SIG symbols being set to 0 in the same U-SIG of an EHT PPDU? Is it a DL OFDMA transmission, or an EHT sounding NDP? So far, there is no rule (in passed SP or spec text) to support the value of the PPDU Type And Compression Mode field being overwritten by other signaling.

Lastly, let me clarify about the 2nd sentence in the highlighted paragraph. "In addition" means "In addition to that PPDU Type And Compression Mode being set to 1" based on the context in the paragraph. If you or anyone else think that "In addition" is not clear enough, I'm more than happy to  improve the wording by replacing it with "In addition to that PPDU Type And Compression Mode being set to 1". The highlighted paragraph is option 2, instead of option 1.

Regards,

Alice Chen

Qualcomm