Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] [CR-MAC] Feedback Requested for CRs related to EMLSR (part 2)

Hi Minyoung,

Thanks for sharing the EMLSR CR.

I am trying to understand the intention of the following text:

The non-AP MLD shall switch back to the listening operation on the enabled links after the time indicated in the EMLSR Delay2 field if one of the following conditions is met and this is defined as the end of the frame exchanges: (#1459, 2338, 2936, 2551)

·       The EMLSR timer in the STA of the non-AP MLD has expired.

·       The medium is idle for a timeout interval of aSIFSTime + aSlotTime + aRxPHYStartDelay after the end of the transmission of the PPDU by the STA of the non-AP MLD as a response to the most recently received frame from the AP of the AP MLD.

[Kaiying] Is this subbullet for PIFS recovery case? When there is no retransmission after PIFS, then the non-AP MLD shall switch back to the listening operation?  As defined in baseline, an AP might do PIFS recovery or perform backoff (for the purpose of continuation of the current TXOP) or wait until TXNAV timer expires. I think it is better for the non-AP MLD to keep monitoring the potential transmission from the AP until the end of the current TXOP.

·       The medium is idle for a timeout interval of aSIFSTime + aSlotTime + aRxPHYStartDelay after the end of the reception of the PPDU containing a frame from the AP of the AP MLD that does not require immediate acknowledgement.

              [Kaiying] same as above.

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Kaiying