From: Chen, Xiaogang C <xiaogang.c.chen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 8, 2021 1:09 PM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] SP2 in 485r2

Hi all,

I’d like to use this thread to initiate the discussion of SP2 in 485r2 I presented yesterday. The last bullet of the SP has been modified to reflect the comment I received from Gorge, and the new SP text is highlighted below. I also add several response to the Qs I got in the call. Feel free to comment and let me know if I missed any question/comments in the call.

Do you agree that

    • The CTS response to MU-RTS supports all the modes defined in 11ax and 320MHz Non-HT duplicate transmission;
    • The CTS response to MU-RTS supports transmitting on non-contiguous 20MHz subchannels;
    • The CTS response to MU-RTS shall be transmitted on the 20MHz subchannel(s) that are overlapped with the large size RU indicated by its own RU allocation subfield.
      • The large size RU indicated by the RU allocation subfield shall be overlapped with the Primary 20MHz channel, such that the CTS transmission includes the primary 20MHz channel.

Discussions:

  1. RU vs. RU/MRU: Although my intention at the very beginning is to use “RU/MRU” ,now I am changing to “RU” for several reasons: 1) Since no puncture information is included for RTS, CTS response to RTS also need to retrieve the puncture information from Beacon/operating elements. Given that, I can see the point people prefer “RU”, such that the CTS response to MU-RTS also retrieve the same information as the CTS response to RTS. 2) not including MRU will significantly simplify the spec draft because if we reuse the same style of MU-RTS in  11ax, all the configurations of MRU need to be listed if “MRU” can be indicated in RU allocation subfield.

  1. SST: I didn’t include SST in the SP because EHT R1 didn’t extend the SST support defined in 11ax but push to R2. Instead of add another bullet and more TBDs(which is not preferred in current stage), it’s better to enable the SST related portion in R2 after everything is clear.

BRs,

Xiaogang.