Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 11-21/0683 | CID 2215

Thanks Stephane, and other commenters.

Please find the revised version uploaded to the server:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/21/11-21-0683-02-00be-restricted-twt-quiet-interval-tbd-cr.docx

Thanks.
Chunyu

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 5:01 AM BARON Stephane <Stephane.BARON@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Chunyu,

Thank you for your explanations.

Concerning the comment resolution, I agree that limiting an overlapping quiet interval to 1TU (= 1ms) seems to reduce the negative impact on the fairness.

But it is very difficult to evaluate this impact without considering the duration of the rTWT itself.

Typically, if the duration of the rTWT is around 1ms, I do not see a significant fairness progress if we limit the overlapping quiet element to the same duration.

For the NAV protection, even if the AP can do it, I think additional mechanism should be put in place to allow station with latency sensitive traffic to efficiently use the rTWT protected by NAV. But I agree that this not in the scope of the TBDs , so I will prepare a text to cover this subject, linked to the part of our 11-20/1843r1 document that is not covered by your 11-21/683 document.

Regards.

Stéphane.