[STDS-802-11-TGBE] Follow-up on action regarding Figure 5-3 in document 11-21/577

Hi everyone,

During the Monday evening TGbe session, there was a discussion on the security blocks in Figure 5-3 in that presentation. All three blocks are also included in the baseline in Figure 5-1.

The blocks are: "MSDU and Integrity Protection (Optional)", "Packet Number Assignment", and "MPDU encryption".

While the latter two blocks are used by all cryptographic encapsulation mechanisms, the first block, "MSDU and Integrity Protection (Optional)" is only used by TKIP. Given that TKIP is deprecated in IEEE 802.11-2020, this block needs to be removed from document 11-21/577 since TKIP cannot be used with MLO.

I can take an action in REVme to discuss figure 5.1 to see whether we should modify the labeling of that block.

Cheers,

Mike